Vancouver Island

Vancouver Island

Monday, March 15, 2010

Welcome

This summer I will be traveling to Kenya and this blog is for me to keep in touch with everybody while I am away. I will update as much as possible, I am hoping I will have access to internet often.

I will be leaving from the Vancouver airport on May 6th and I will be returning on August 3rd.

For the first 9 weeks I will be volunteering at the Lewa Wildlife Conservancy - http://www.lewa.org/

Lewa is the home of the Black Rhino, Grevy's Zebra, Lions, Elephants and lots of other cool wildlife. I look forward to meeting some of them.

I will be working with "Logistical Support" and hopefully I can put some of my engineering education to good use. I am not entirely sure what I will be doing day to day but I am very flexible and I feel that I have a lot to offer.

After Lewa I will have 3 weeks free so I have a few plans so far - One is climbing Mount Kilimanjaro in Tanzania, then either going to Mombasa (Kenya coast) or Lake Victoria. I am very excited and I have lots to plan.

Anyways keep posted for more to come!

2 comments:

  1. Yo I'm soo stoked to write lots of stuff right here!!!!! I love Al

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Stoked for Al to slay some wildlife....

    ReplyDelete